The Florida Research Development Alliance (FloRDA) consists of research development professionals and administrators from Florida universities, colleges and other institutions engaged in research. FloRDA members share best practices and facilitate collaborations in order to foster multi- and interdisciplinary research efforts within the State of Florida.
To enable Florida’s research institutions to work together to increase research collaboration and capacity.
Creating comprehensive internal and external strategies to promote Research Development and administrative activities that will lead to further investment in Florida’s growing research enterprise.
Promote collaboration among, and create awareness of, research at FL institutions
- Share best practices and research tools
- Serve as conduits and initiators to facilitate faculty interaction and collaboration
Provide a sustainable resource for research base in FL
- Highlight and share unique capabilities at each institution
- Provide and facilitate a culture of "Research Development"
- Serve as a resource/information organization for partner institutions
Function as a liaison with other organizations nationally and within the state with the potential to impact research
- Advocate the importance of research and Research Development within the state and nationally
- Promote awareness of research strengths for economic development
- Serve as a resource for entities involved in economic development